Ava Bianca - Welcome to Ava Bianca Guesthouse in Newry. A grand and elegant house, situated on the Rathfriland Road, Newry, just a few minutes walk from the heart of the City.
Ava Bianca is a family owned Guest House. Our policy has always been that we always give our guests the welcome, standard of service, amenities and hearty breakfast that we would like ourselves whether we are on holiday or a business trip.
We can advise on our favourite restaurants, entertainment and sightseeing. We wish to make your stay welcoming and comfortable throughout.
Newry from Irish: Iúr Cinn Trá meaning "yew at the strand's head" – is a city in Northern Ireland. The River Clanrye, which runs through the city, forms the historic border between County Armagh and County Down. It is 34 miles (55 km) from Belfast and 67 miles (108 km) from Dublin. Newry was founded in 1144 alongside a Cistercian monastery and is one of Northern Ireland's oldest towns.
The city of Newry is one of the constituent cities of the Dublin-Belfast corridor and sits at the entry to the "Gap of the North", close to the border with the Republic of Ireland. It grew as a market town and a garrison and became a port in 1742 when it was linked to Lough Neagh by the first summit-level canal in Britain or Ireland. In March 2002, as part of Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee celebrations, Newry was granted city status alongside Lisburn. Newry has long been an important centre of trade because of its position between Belfast and Dublin.